Leaving home to attend a summer camp is an emotion-filled experience for both parent and child. At Lake Greeley Camp, we recognize the difficulties a new camper may experience while attending camp for the first time. Whether it's the first overnight camp experience or a veteran camper attending a new camp, we understand that it's only natural for a child to be apprehensive and uncertain. Lake Greeley Camp's experienced staff addresses these feelings before camp and employs proven methods that help to alleviate these emotions during the camper's stay, so that they are able to enjoy their time at camp to the fullest.
- • Extended office hours in the months leading up to camp so that assistant camp directors can answer any questions and address any particular concerns such as packing clothes, what is camp bank, or how do I sign up for extra fee activities.
- • A comprehensive parent handbook CD is mailed to all families. It is an invaluable resource as it explains all the camp's policies and procedures.
- • Through our voluntary Pen Pal program, new campers begin communicating and developing relationships with veteran campers of Lake Greeley Camp with the same age and session they would be attending camp.
- • Campers and counselors are supervised by child care professionals, Division Directors, whose daily responsibilities focus on the concerns and well being of the campers and their counselors.
- • New campers are assigned to cabins where there are always other new campers.
- • Matt and Rose Buynak promote a nurturing environment that encourages new and veteran campers to broaden their horizons by trying new activities and meeting new people every day.
- • Monthly newsletters keep campers current with improvements and changes occurring at the camp grounds and in touch with fellow campers.
- • Lake Greeley Camp's social media platforms are constantly updated with news, reminders about discount periods and responding to any questions or comments.
- • Each year Lake Greeley Camp sponsors a winter reunion for our campers, their families and friends.
Being attentive to each camper's individual needs assists with the transition of being away from home and helps to assure a positive experience and summer they will never forget. That's why we're camping's First-Time Camper Specialists. We feel strongly about what we do and how we treat our campers. Our proven success rate with first-time campers enables us to extend this promise to our parents:
We pledge to work diligently to provide your child with a
great summer experience. If for any reason your child leaves
Lake Greeley Camp before his/her scheduled departure,
we will refund any unused tuition.